updates

podlod 07:50 03 Nov 08

Hi, a yellow shield keeps appearing on my toolbar which sometimes it normally does for updates, but this time it keeps on asking me to update an office service pack 3 which I do not want. I keep saying no to install but the shield keeps returning asking the same question, how do I terminate this download for good and get rid of the shield just for this download?

Andsome 08:02 03 Nov 08

Go to Windows update and let it run. When it shows that update, select to hide it.

podlod 08:11 03 Nov 08

Hi, I have tried that but it stops halfway through downloading and says put in your office disc, and nothing about hide it?

birdface 08:51 03 Nov 08

Run a manual update.When it shows click on the + sign on the square beside it ,When it opens click the box saying.Do not show update again.That should do it.

podlod 13:33 03 Nov 08

Hi Buteman, sorry but I have forgotten how to change manual update?

birdface 17:23 03 Nov 08

My Microsoft update is in all programs.Or see if this works.click here

Sea Urchin 17:52 03 Nov 08

Also on the Tools menu in IE

podlod 13:01 04 Nov 08

Hi, I think I have cracked it and I have asked for custom download of any updates, and I hope I can download the updates when they refer to them, thanks alot for all your help!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…