updates

pete h 00:16 25 May 08

hya, wonder if someone can help me. my computer comes up with the windows update shield telling me there are important updates to be downloaded. when i go to download them, all i get is a message that they cannot be downloaded and give me a list of the ones that cannot be got. what do i need to do to sort this out

pete

Forum Editor 00:21 25 May 08

Remember that the Microsoft update servers are running flat out most of the time, as millions of people connect to download updates - there's a limit to the number of simultaneous connections that even these big servers can handle.

Just let your computer handle the updating automatically - it will eventually retrieve the updates for you.

ambra4 05:04 25 May 08

Download this program Dial-a-fix v0.60.0.24

Dial A Fix primary philosophy is to fix problems by setting various things back to their

original Microsoft defaults

This tool is ordinarily meant for technicians, and administrators

click here

Unzip and Double Click on the exe file

Click the green tick button click GO

Dial-a-fix is an advanced utility for 32-bit versions of Microsoft Windows that repair

various Windows problems, such as:

* Windows Update errors and problems with Automatic Updates

* SSL, HTTPS, and Cryptography service (signing/verification) issues

* COM/ActiveX object errors and missing registry entries

* Fix Windows Installer

* And More

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…