updates

scolley 00:04 12 Jul 07

I All i have the yellow shield at he bottom in my bar, telling me i have an up date i have clicked this 8 times now and it says its done but shield still keeps poping up, and its just doing the same update, ?
scolley

User-312386 00:07 12 Jul 07

Turn off auto update, to do this right click my computer>click the auto updates tab and select turn off automatic updates, click apply

Now go into internet explorer, click on tools and then windows updates.

Thats it your done

scolley 00:20 12 Jul 07

madboy33 that as not solved the prob its just turned off my updates which i then turned it back on and hey presto the yellow sheild still there,

brundle 00:23 12 Jul 07

Go to Microsoft Windows Updates and get them manually; click here

ashdav 00:26 12 Jul 07
  scolley 00:33 12 Jul 07

brundle / ashdav
i have done both of those it still keps telling me this,

Security update from microsoft,
Net Framework,#Version 1.1 Service pack 1
( KB928366, I HAVE LOOKED AND I NOW HAVE THIS 12 TIMES IN A ROW, ?

cocteau48 08:02 12 Jul 07

Plenty of probs with this - this week
click here
and
click here
It seems the only solution is to uninstall and reinstall the relevant .Net Framework in order to get the update to download.
If you wish to install version 2 instead of 1.1 the same update problem is occurring with version 2 and still requires an uninstall/reinstall to get the update to work.
click here

BT 08:11 12 Jul 07

I got that update yesterday without any problems.

birdface 08:55 12 Jul 07

Try ,Control Panel,Security Center,At the bottom click on automatic up-dates.And put a dot on Turn of automatic up-dates,Apply, ok. Then on the right hand side,Click on change the way security center alerts me,I have the three of them un-ticked,But you can just un-tick Automatic up-dates,Ok. That will get rid of the yellow shield.

birdface 09:18 12 Jul 07

I should have said,Then on the left hand side.Not the right.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…