updates...

nick_j007 22:48 22 Aug 03

Over the last few days I have been at my father in laws house. I tend to run the maintenance of his PC for him as he is much newer to it all than me. He tends to go online very briefly to d'load his email then disconnects as it is set this way in O.E.
All's fine, but he is grossly behind on all his security patches and updates etc from M'soft. Even his virus definitions were quite behind. Thankfully no harm done. His connection speed is very poor and BT are looking into that so I thought I might be able to copy my updates over for him and send him the disc to copy in. IS this possible even or am I getting it all mixed up here?

Thoughts please.

Nick Jones

jazzypop 23:04 22 Aug 03

If you go to Windows Updates and choose the 'Personalize Windows Update' link in the left-hand frame, you get the option to tick the 'Add a link to the Windows Catalog' in the left-hand frame.

Select this, click Refresh, and then click the new link.

Then choose your OS, and all the Updates are listed. You can choose a location to save them to on your HDD, then copy them to CD.

The tricky part is being sure about which ones to instal....

nick_j007 23:59 22 Aug 03

jazztpop thanks. I'll give that a go. We will need a phone call after he has done a search on what he needs.

Ta

johnnyrocker 16:39 07 Oct 03

you could also try d/loading big fix on father in law pc from click here and it would automatically alert to new updates and give a click here link to install, probably much safer and simpler. what av does he have and might it have a d/load live updates feature?

cheers.

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…