Update XP- Saving SP1 to CD

duplo 14:49 17 May 03

I have found after a little looking on MS website the "network" download for XP service pack one. I am downloading it, since I wish to put it on CD so that when i do a format I dont need to download it (since I do a format once in a while I though it would be easier to download it once). click here

Will this work? I assume its the same service pack as I normally download?

Also, I am going to try and find the updates for ME since my father uses that- he has a modem connection and I have BB.

Has anyone else tried this- does it work OK. Just curious to see if there are any unexpected surprises waiting.

VoG™ 15:17 17 May 03

You might be interested in click here

acemark 16:36 17 May 03

When sp1 first came out, Microsoft offered to send a free cd of it to anyone who wanted it. I got mine from them totally free. You might still be able to get a copy from them?

duplo 16:45 17 May 03

I have an OEM version...

I'll take a look... wished I had known that earlier! Would the download be the same thing?

Also... what about ME? I cant seem to find a place to 'save' the downloads permanetly?

leo49 16:51 17 May 03

Go to Windows Update page.If you don't see a link to Windows Catalog on the left hand side of page click 'personalise' and select to show this link and then follow it. You'll then have the opportunity to select updates for any OS you desire and save them to HDD.

duplo 17:14 17 May 03

I tried the link that Vog suggested...the link is fine, but whilst following the process, a few problems happened:
First, it would not let me SP1 to the SP1 folder using the 'run' command, so I did it mayself in winrar which seemed to work...
Now it wont let me itegrate the SP1 to the Windows XP folder.

Will be downloading the ME updates!

VoG™ 17:18 17 May 03

Have you looked at click here ?

duplo 17:37 17 May 03

I looked at that... it showed what problem I had... (the one at the bottom) but no solution.

I have to pop out now, But I shall check back latter!

Thanks for your help!

powerless 19:28 17 May 03

click here Instructions the same?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…