Update router Firmware?

tAtu*! 15:58 21 Nov 09

Hi all
I have a Netgear DG834G router and Sky is my ISP. not sure what version it is as I cant sem to find any info? My question is,
1-Will this router work with Windows7 64bit or do I need to update the firmware?

2-If I do need to update the firmware, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance

Technotiger 16:05 21 Nov 09

As far as I am aware, routers are not OS dependent - in other words they should work regardless of which OS is being used.

tAtu*! 16:36 21 Nov 09

thanks Technotiger.

I was a bit worried as I had been on the microsoft website and from what I could see it stated it was ok for 32 bit but no info available for the 64 bit version. I have read that the router is supposed to be the most popular in the UK (according to Netgears own site) so I had hoped that MS would have all the drivers pre-installed anyway.

Thanks

User-1229748 16:38 21 Nov 09

that router will work with windows 7 64bit although i'm with virgin who say they don't support windows 7 64bit.in other words they won't give any advice on windows 7 64bit :o(

tAtu*! 16:44 21 Nov 09

Cheers smackheadz.

Finally, I am going to setup my new Dell Pc tonight, when I am registering Win 7 and setting everything up, should I keep my router plugged into the PC via ethernet whilst I am doing this?

Thanks

Technotiger 17:00 21 Nov 09

Leave your router connected as normal.

tAtu*! 17:02 21 Nov 09

thanks guys, appreciate all the advice. Fingers crossed my first win 7 experience goes ok! No doubt i will be back on here at some point tonight if it does not go ok!!!

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017