Update Rollup 1 KB826939 - Win XP

Eagie 08:58 16 Oct 03

Being keen to always keep up-to-date with the windows updates, I selected all of the 5 new ones yesterday. However, on doing an update scan following the installation of all the updates and a restart, Update Rollup 1 - KB826939 is still there as being a critical update.

I have tried to download and install it again (once more restarting my machine) but it still appears in the list.

Anyone else experiencing this and, more importantly, should I be worried?

Ta,

James

Stuartli 09:26 16 Oct 03

Presumably it's not for your particular version of WindowsXP - it's certainly not for mine, nor any of the others listed at click here for instance.

Jester2K II 09:30 16 Oct 03

This sort of thing happens from time to time. Try installing the patch (Control Panel, Add / remove Programs) Reboot and then run Windows Update again.

Otherwise all you can do is wait and it'll eventually stop showing up - thats what i had to do 3 months ago...

BurrWalnut 14:11 16 Oct 03

826939 contains 20+ previous critical and security updates rolled into one - a sort of mini service pack.

I've downloaded it via Windows Catalog where it is 9.2Mb in size. What is does, is remove all the other 20+ updates from Add/Remove Programs. However they all still show in the Registry and in AIDA.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now