Update Rollup 1 KB826939 - Win XP

Eagie 08:58 16 Oct 03

Being keen to always keep up-to-date with the windows updates, I selected all of the 5 new ones yesterday. However, on doing an update scan following the installation of all the updates and a restart, Update Rollup 1 - KB826939 is still there as being a critical update.

I have tried to download and install it again (once more restarting my machine) but it still appears in the list.

Anyone else experiencing this and, more importantly, should I be worried?

Ta,

James

Stuartli 09:26 16 Oct 03

Presumably it's not for your particular version of WindowsXP - it's certainly not for mine, nor any of the others listed at click here for instance.

Jester2K II 09:30 16 Oct 03

This sort of thing happens from time to time. Try installing the patch (Control Panel, Add / remove Programs) Reboot and then run Windows Update again.

Otherwise all you can do is wait and it'll eventually stop showing up - thats what i had to do 3 months ago...

BurrWalnut 14:11 16 Oct 03

826939 contains 20+ previous critical and security updates rolled into one - a sort of mini service pack.

I've downloaded it via Windows Catalog where it is 9.2Mb in size. What is does, is remove all the other 20+ updates from Add/Remove Programs. However they all still show in the Registry and in AIDA.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…