Update m/board chipset-asus or intel website?

So Afraid 12:43 15 Feb 10

The mobo is the original one which came with the pc,so is classed as oem i think.The latest drivers on the asus website are dated from 2007,but the chipset drivers for the intel 945p which is on my mobo are more recent late 2009 on the intel website,are the intel website drivers only for retail motherboards? in which case i should stick to asus website.

sunnystaines 13:35 15 Feb 10

keep to motherboard web for drivers as some makers tweak them.

GaT7 13:36 15 Feb 10

If the Asus ones work fine, then I would stick to theirs.

I may consider the newer Intel ones if they offered added functionality, or were optimised for Win7 for example & you were using this OS.

Note that they may not install at all if they are not meant for your motherboard. However, they do install but it goes wrong, set a System Restore (SR) point prior to installing them (the Intel chipset drivers). Instructions for accessing SR & reverting to a good Restore Point if the PC refuses to boot into Windows click here (for XP, it may differ in other OSes). G

So Afraid 14:30 15 Feb 10

Thanks for the replys

I am using XP so i think i will stick to asus updated drivers,i did see one person on another forum suggest that there could be a small difference in the code in oem and retail versions of motherboards but i never bookmarked the site.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…