Update KB2539631 problem installing.

muddypaws 09:26 18 Aug 11
Answered

Anyone else had problems installing the above? Tried numerous times but always fails. It is for the .NET 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86. Or doesn't it apply to me? XP Home SP3 32 bit.

Sea Urchin 11:48 18 Aug 11

Install it directly from this link - it's the last of the three files

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=27071

Download the package to the desktop, then try installing it in Safe Mode.

muddypaws 11:59 18 Aug 11

Sea Urchin, Thanks. Got it from your link, but apparently nothing is installed on my PC that requires it. Thanks for help.

chrisjmat 19:33 18 Aug 11

Have the same problem. Says its downloaded but file size is 0. How do I remove the download. Also do I need it or can I delete this request? Running xp home SP3. Any help would be appreciated

Thxs

muddypaws 08:20 19 Aug 11

chrisjmat Not sure if you have been to Sea Urchins link. I saved and ran the d/load and at that point it gave the answer in my post above. The shield has just returned on boot up today. Open it up , untick the d/load and tick 'don't show this again'.

Sea Urchin 11:06 19 Aug 11

muddypaws

I would be quite surprised if you didn't have Microsoft .NET Framework on your computer. The .NET Framework is intended to be used by most new applications created for the Windows platform. Without it some of your programs may not run properly.

muddypaws 20:23 19 Aug 11
Answer

Sea Urchin

I do have all the latest .NETs installed so I think it is an MS error in that respect. I needed the latest version to install ICE (MS Integrated Composite Editor) a month ago so am pretty sure I am up to date. Thanks for your concern.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…