Update for IE 6 for XP Service Pack 2 KB888240

powerless 14:23 20 Nov 04

Download Page: click here

MSKB: click here

Djohn 14:29 20 Nov 04

Powerless. Your second link says that you only need it if having problems and not to use it otherwise.

--------------------------------------------------

A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to correct the problem that is described in this article.

Only apply it to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.

This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next Microsoft Windows XP service pack that contains this hotfix.

powerless 14:39 20 Nov 04

yes?

Djohn 14:45 20 Nov 04

Just checking ;o)

Jackcoms 15:56 20 Nov 04

Interesting, but....

How do I know whether all add-ons are listed or not?

Some add-ons (such as ieSpell) are obvious - I added it. Others, I wouldn't have a clue whether they should be listed or not, especially if they were added in the background during a Windows update process, for example.

Djohn 16:31 20 Nov 04

If you click on Tools/Manage add ons, it will list all the additions to your browser such as shockwave/Iespell/Sun java, [If used] and numerous other add-ons.

Look to the "show" window above the main window and click the chevron on the right. This will give you the option to show all that have been used during your surfing/downloading through IE.

If they are all working OK and you would know if they were not, then you don't need the Hotfix. If any of the add-ons don't work as expected. IE: you are having a problem when on some sites using Java or shockwave for instance then you may need to download the Hotfix to cure the problem.

If you feel that your IE browser is working as it should then don't download this Hotfix, wait for Microsoft to include it in an automatic update fix or pack.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…