Update i-pod on reinstalled PC without losing all

bionicle 19:07 21 May 06

I have reinstalled XP on my computer and am busy updating programmes and settings etc. My 30GB i-pod is nearly full and I want to keep what is on it and only add individual items manually. The files in the i-tunes library contain a lot less than the i-pod. If I connect it to i-tunes will it automatically update and overwrite all my music. Anyone got any advice?

Diversion 19:23 21 May 06

Can't you connect it to your PC copy & paste the items from the i-pod to a folder on your hard drive, update the i-pod and do the reverse. I did it with my grandaughters i-pod.

bionicle 20:10 21 May 06

Thanks Diversion.
Have just been successful with a link from apple: Basically log in as a Guest user on XP, open i-tunes, connect i-pod, I-tunes presents a message that the i-pod is linked to another library-option then given to link to new guest library. Click NO and then set the i-pod options to manually update. Log out and then back to your own settings, open i-tunes and connect i-pod.
It works!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…