Update drivers for MB and sound card

thicasabrick 19:52 19 Nov 04

Iv'e been advised to update the drivers for my MB and sound card to hopefully fix a problem. Problem is,
1. I don't have a clue what make my MB is,
2. What the current driver is
3. Were to get the updates from
4. Or how to update it.
I don't have a sound card, sound comes from MB.
No idea on drivers for this either.
Can anyone help me how to do all the above.

Cook2 21:03 19 Nov 04

Get click here . When you run it it should tell you all details about the system and links to drivers.

acein1 21:04 19 Nov 04

the first thing to do is go to. click here .com
and download "everest home edition",run it on your p/c and it will tell you all about your motherboard and and most everythimg you want to know, for drivers i would suggest "driverguide.com", you just have to register ,and then search for thousands of drivers,come back here when you get the info regards acein1

Completealias 21:04 19 Nov 04

First step is to identify the motherboard make. Easiest way I know is open the case up and have a look at the board your lookin for manufacturer name and a model number.

Once you've found this out try click here to find a manual for this board. This should help with what onboard sound it has. Try the manufactures website for the drivers first.

Normally its the chipset that the motherboard drivers provide so have a look in add /remove progs for a listing the mentions chipset.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…