Update is confusing me :(

countrymanuk 16:15 25 Feb 03

After a system repair i now have to update tons of fixes including SP1. Im with Freeserve and they disconnect your connection in two hours and the update which was SP1 was over that. It was downloading 30Mb, so i waited for it to reach 20Mb, disconnected and reconnected so i could leave it to finish. When it reconnect to the update server it showed a wopping 60Mb (4 hours) when it was reading 20Mb originaly (1 hour). Anyone had this? Shall i let it continue? or shall i try and aquire a web non-dependant SP1?

Thx for any replies

rawprawn 16:34 25 Feb 03

I'm not sure if it's the same thing but when you download SP1 there is a start download which I think can be up to an hour, & then the main download. Stick with it, I am with Freeserve & when they disconnected after 2hours, when I reconnected it resumed from where it had got to.
So it wasn't too bad.

tran1 16:39 25 Feb 03

yeah, you download the installer file, once thats downloaded, it will launch and begin to install SP1.

countrymanuk 16:39 25 Feb 03

Thx for that. The first download was 1.9Mb (i think thats for setup). Looking at the MS notes for installing SP1 and it says that it is 30Mb. Maybe it re-calculated and put the other security updates in with it.

Anyone else with an idea, im still on 50Mb for SP1, this cant be right

Pikachu 17:30 25 Feb 03

Why download when you can order a CD click here In this case if something does go wrong with Win XP you have a CD to re-install SP1

PSF 17:35 25 Feb 03

click here

You can get the service pack 1a free on cd from Microsoft UK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…