Since Update-Can't open Outlook Express-Why?

Kooji 10:47 04 Aug 10

Hi all,
Windows Vista Office Outlook Express

I am in desperate need of advice. Since installing some MS Updates this morning once the computer re-started it will not open the Outlook Express programme which means I have no access to my emails or contact list which I need every day for work. I am using another machine for emails temporarily but this machine doesn't have any contacts on it so I'm really stuck. I have tried system restore to no avail. When I try to load up OE a pop up displays this message: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook Express cannot open Outlook Window.
All replies welcome.

Thanks

Kooji.

Jollyjohn 13:11 04 Aug 10

Quick work around. Do a search for *.wab or *.pab
One of these should give you your contacts. Copy it onto a usb stick and open the file on the computer you are using, at least then you will have your contacts available.

wee eddie 13:20 04 Aug 10

You may not have known, that Outlook Express no longer exists.

It's had a makeover and a Name change and, as I don't use it, I use Outlook, I have no idea what the new Name is.

Kooji 15:28 04 Aug 10

Thanks for your responses both. I had a kind 'tech guy' sort it out for me. It took him a while but he has re-loaded the programme and all is back to normal.
Cheers-Kooji

So Afraid 15:44 05 Aug 10

I still use outlook express its not gone yet.

March Hare 18:06 08 Aug 10

OE's still available in Windows up to XP, but not in Vista or above.

Sea Urchin 18:15 08 Aug 10

For Vista it becomes Windows Mail

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…