update avg manually

anon1 21:03 04 Jan 05

for those still having problems with automatic updates I have just updated manually by visiting click here and downloaded the first file in the list. Only took a few seconds. then open avg control and use update manager and update from file, browse to the location and thats it done

john-232317 21:38 04 Jan 05

For future ref, cheers

Miss Happy 17:34 05 Jan 05

I have downloaded the file noted above from click here, however, it will not open and seems to be a read only file in my temp. folder and will not load/install to AVG7!
Any ideas please, I am only given the option to 'close' the box when download is complete,the 'open' or 'open folder' options are greyed out. Sounds a bit like the download I recently had from ZoneAlarm, then the BSOD on install. Never had these (well, rarely), problems with AVG6, nor the old version of ZA until their last update with a 'newer' version.

Miss Happy 17:57 05 Jan 05

I have managed to download the update directly from AVG prog on PC. The pop-up said x3 update files were downloaded, pressed ok and they loaded properly into AVG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…