update avg manually

anon1 21:03 04 Jan 05

for those still having problems with automatic updates I have just updated manually by visiting click here and downloaded the first file in the list. Only took a few seconds. then open avg control and use update manager and update from file, browse to the location and thats it done

john-232317 21:38 04 Jan 05

For future ref, cheers

Miss Happy 17:34 05 Jan 05

I have downloaded the file noted above from click here, however, it will not open and seems to be a read only file in my temp. folder and will not load/install to AVG7!
Any ideas please, I am only given the option to 'close' the box when download is complete,the 'open' or 'open folder' options are greyed out. Sounds a bit like the download I recently had from ZoneAlarm, then the BSOD on install. Never had these (well, rarely), problems with AVG6, nor the old version of ZA until their last update with a 'newer' version.

Miss Happy 17:57 05 Jan 05

I have managed to download the update directly from AVG prog on PC. The pop-up said x3 update files were downloaded, pressed ok and they loaded properly into AVG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced