?update to avg 7.5 version; why?

p;3 02:44 01 Nov 06

having just got back on line I noticed when I powered up that I had a screan telling me about avg 7.5 ( never had that before); I am running at present 7.1

I have nosed to here

click here which should link to the 7.5 version; I am thinking that , when I do my normal updates the 7.5 version will automatically come in its turn, and cannot really see a reason to go grab this "new" version; also noticed on my splash screen( that I could not take a copy of nor have I had it back to take a screan shot of it) about a "paid for" version, which is complete news to me ; (there is a thread on this forum asking about that version) ;

Technotiger 05:52 01 Nov 06

Hi, I too had that yesterday - I updated ok with no problems. Running the free version.

Cheers.

p;3 07:35 01 Nov 06

having armed myself to take a screan shot of the next notification .......of course it declines to repeat it

^wave^ 07:58 01 Nov 06

from what i understand is you go to the avg free web site down load the upgrade and read the instructions for the upgrade. i did this no problems encountered with upgrade. note after december there will be no more uodates for 7.1

Carafaraday 08:33 01 Nov 06

Like you I was invited to download new version (free) and did so on Monday - no problems so far........

p;3 20:05 01 Nov 06

surely the program will do as it previously did and with one of the big updates it will transfer into the new version?

Totally-braindead 23:10 01 Nov 06

AVG are no longer going to support version before 7.5. If you don't update you will be unable to get new virus definitions for the older AVG you are running.
I've just been round to 3 of my friends tonight updating their AVG to the newer 7.5 version so they will still be protected. It just installs over the top of the old one and as long as you download the free one from here click here its still free.
The updates do not work, they have changed the program. You must download the new version.

p;3 23:42 01 Nov 06

I"ve put that exe in my downloads folder; I would hate to take that on board if I were on dial up; next to try installing it

Gandalph 00:58 02 Nov 06

The reason you have been offered an update is because Ewido has just bought AVG. You will notice when you install the 7.5 Version.

phono 01:30 02 Nov 06

I think it may be the other way round, AVG bought Ewido, I stand to be corrected of course.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…