Update AVG 7.0 - AVI 262.2.2 and AVG 6.0 - 615

Jester2K 09:17 08 Mar 04

Added detection of new variants of I-Worm/Sober, I-Worm/Netsky.
- March 08, 2004 -

justme 09:49 08 Mar 04

Thanks.

Virus database is 394.

Stuartli 10:02 08 Mar 04

Cheers..:-)

Found the fastest way, yet again, was to download it from the Grisoft website click here using FreshDownload to the Desktop, then opening main AVG Control Panel, Service tab, then Update and to install from folder (i.e. Desktop).

Jester2K 10:27 08 Mar 04

I just download to the UPDATE folder and open AVG.

kyprosman 11:39 08 Mar 04

takes it time to connect but managed it after all the probs of late

Kinder Scout 11:49 08 Mar 04

I don't know if you saw this. click here

MichelleC 11:59 08 Mar 04

Got it on third try. Thanks.

Nosmas 12:31 08 Mar 04

I saw this tweak posted by BurrWalnut in this Forum a few days ago click here but having altered my url.ini file it does NOT AUTOMATICALLY DEFAULT to the www*grisoft*com url. You need to choose from the drop-down which of the three sites to connect to, but having made the choice it will remain as the default until you decide to select one of the other two sites.

Has anyone noticed a change in the way that the Update Manager tab seems to be working? For a long time I have left my Scheduler set to "Update if database is older than 14 days", but have manually selected the 'Update now' button every day, so the automatic scheduling has never been called upon to act. However the last two mornings I have wakened my monitor (system is left running 24/7 but not connected to the Internet overnight) to see a AVG message window: -

"Update Manager would now like to update AVG's internal anti-virus database. This action will connect your computer to the Internet to download the current database file" There are buttons to Connect Now, Cancel or Never Connect.

I don't know if this is something built into one of AVG's recent updates or if it is the result of amending the url.ini file as described in the above-mentioned link.

Interested to hear other people's experiences.

Jester2K 13:54 08 Mar 04

These days that should be changed to 1 day....

Nosmas 15:52 08 Mar 04

As I said in my post, the reason I haven't changed the number of days is because I manually check for an update EVERY DAY.

Has anyone else experienced the change in the working of Update Manager that I described?

Stuartli 15:59 08 Mar 04

Normally I would just click on the AVG icon in the Task Bar, then choose Update and then Update Now. When it has downloaded, the Control Centre opens automatically to install the update without a reboot.

However, this is the method that keeps returning the message about not being able to make an Internet connection.....

So I tried doing it direct from the Grisoft website as mentioned using FreshDownload and found that this is just as quick and the installation is still automatic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…