update adobe flash?

Helen A 09:28 02 Jan 15

Hi

When online every so often I get a message asking me to update my adobe flash player. The link is click here Not too sure if I should especiallt as I have already updated the flash player through adobe so no idea why this comes up. It also stops me working on that website.

Can anyone help?

Cheers H

Secret-Squirrel 09:57 02 Jan 15

"...........Not too sure if I should especiallt as I have already updated the flash player....."

You're right to be cautious as the page in your click here is from a rogue site masquerading as the Adobe one with the intention of tricking you into installing malware.

As you're seeing this message frequently it would be a good idea to scan your PC with the free version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - you can get it from here. It's usually a very effective tool for removing pests. Note that at the end of the installation you should untick the option to start the free trial of the Premium (paid-for) version.

spuds 10:23 02 Jan 15

I am getting these 'bogus' abode messages on a regular basis, so you are not alone in being very cautious on whether to use the link. Like Secret-Squirrel suggests, run an anti program to see if any 'nasties' might be lurking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes