update adaware manually

De Nada 16:47 03 Nov 05

is it possible to manually update from lavasofts webpage?, the new update is there at the bottom of the page, but im not sure how its done,(instructions a touch vague)thanks all.

PaulB2005 16:51 03 Nov 05

Download the update, unzip the file and then place the file in your Adaware directory.

That's it.

De Nada 17:03 03 Nov 05

thanks,i got as far as unzipping the file but im not sure how to get it into the directory,could you kindly run through it please,

PaulB2005 17:07 03 Nov 05

Right click the defs.ref file and select COPY.

Now go to your Adaware folder.

Something like

c:\program files\lavasoft\adaware se personal

right click the adaware folder and select PASTE

It will probably ask This folder already contains a file called defs.ref do you want to replace it?

Say Yes.

That's it.

What's wrong with the automatic update?

De Nada 17:13 03 Nov 05

i think its something to do with ntl, its seems to lag behind a bit,it usually takes three or four days to to come through,i will have try and update now, thanks again.

PaulB2005 17:23 03 Nov 05

Someone else mentioned this but what has the update for Adaware got to do with NTL? It's not like they have a different version of the internet to update? It's the same one!

Has anyone asked NTL why they have problems updating?

De Nada 17:35 03 Nov 05

im not sure,i havnt contacted them,the good news is, its updated adaware,thanks very much PaulB2005,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…