unzipping a zipped file

dallyawhile 13:08 10 May 03

I cannot play games (I have Windows 98) the error message relates to the DDRAW.DLL file. I have downloaded the file but still the problem prevails. The file is zipped so I was wondering if this is the problem. I cannot remember how to unzip this file- right clicking on the mouse does not give me an option so how do I do it in DOS?

to unzip folders you need to instal a zipping utility, winzip is on just about evry coverdisk or can be downloaded here.
why not try downloading up to date directX from windows update that way it will instal itself.

Brian-336451 13:49 10 May 03

If you don't mind a reminder, you do a lot worse than downloading Winzip 8.1 or, better still, if you have the latest PCA, its got the self-same Winzip on the Updates CD. It appears regularly on most cover cds.

Just install the software going for all the default (or simplest) options.

After its installed and rebooted, just double click on any zipped file and a window opens allowing you to extract to any folder of your choice (plus several other options).

Alternatively, if you right-click the file, there is an option to extract to a folder named after the file you're extracting (I use this all the time).

If no luck - come back.

jediknight007 13:55 10 May 03

If you are on Windows XP, shouldn't it already have it's own unzipping facility? If not, then just get Winzip 8.1 which will work but I personally use WinRAR which I think is better because it can unzip different types of zipped files than Winzip but I would just go for Winzip if I were you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…