unwanted Wizard!

shaneoneill 21:13 26 Feb 08

Hi,

I have just upgraded my PC (effectivley got a new one) and have just finished installing all the required programmes. I also have another PC which I regulary switch between using a KVN switch. I share a Microsoft brand Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. However when I switch to the new PC a wizardf automatically launches saying that it does not recognise the bluetooth hardware even thought the mouse and keyboard work fine! How can I disable this wizard as it is quite annoying!

Regards,
Shane

Technotiger 21:18 26 Feb 08

Have you installed the bluetooth software on both PCs?

skidzy 21:23 26 Feb 08

You could try disabling the notifications from services.

Start / run and type

services.msc

and enter.

Disable ;

Shell Hardware Detection

Have you followed the wizard instructions,as Techno says,you may need to install the software on both.

woodchip 21:29 26 Feb 08

You cannot, I have same problem with a Samsung Laser Printer. When I turn it on, on XP it's OK with 98se but XP throws the Wizard up. Reason is that it does not load a .inf file from driver XP like to see these in inf folder

shaneoneill 21:41 26 Feb 08

Hi Technotinger - I have installed the software on both PC's ..

Technotiger 21:54 26 Feb 08

OK - try running Ccleaner click here on the 'new' PC - leave Ccleaner at its default settings.
Then re-start 'new' PC.

shaneoneill 22:20 26 Feb 08

Hi T - that did not work. I'm still getting the bubble saying "unrecognised hardware" .. would it have anything to do with the KVM switch?

Technotiger 22:38 26 Feb 08

I have never used a KVM switch, though I do know what it is of course, so I cannot say whether that would cause this, but I doubt it.

Have you tried skidzy's suggestion above?

shaneoneill 16:11 27 Feb 08

Hi all .. tried all suggestions and still no joy .. getting a bit frustrated now!!

Technotiger 16:25 27 Feb 08

Try the 'new' PC without the KVM switch - at least you may be able to eliminate the switch if nothing else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…