unwanted web site popping up

ettacake 20:54 19 Oct 04

I had a problem with my PC and a friend gave me a site to access a driver that would help. Unfortunately when the site came up there was nothing in the workspace to read or click on, so I shut it down. Since then it keeps popping up even though I am not on line ( although I am on Broadband) and nothing I do gets rid of it. If Iam working on the computer I have seen it on the task bar as often as 8 times at once and it causes a lot of problems with popper coming up all over the place and even landing as short cuts on my desk top. I have tried clearing my history, my cookies and my temp files but nothing works the site is(click here={CD73F2B4-8774-40E6-8058-3164CD171130}&oldocx18=1&oldcasico=1&oldourexe=1&oldocx18=1&oldourexe=1&oldocx18=1&oldwrpm=1) Can you help? Jan

VoG II 20:58 19 Oct 04

Please post a Hijackthis log click here

The latest version of Hijackthis is at click here

You will need to post the log in several chunks because of the 800 word limit on this site. Also, please double space it by adding a blank line after each line of data.

Dan the Confused 20:59 19 Oct 04

Ad-aware click here

Spybot S&D click here

Update and run them.

William-192536 21:35 19 Oct 04

Hi just to add to the reply about running adaware & spybot if you are useing XP switch off system restore before you run them. Make sure you switch system restore backon again when scans finished.
Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…