Unwanted web addresses

Mad Mick 09:31 29 Oct 03

There was a recent thread about the problem that I have but I am unable to locate the answer to the thread. The problem is that I when I open the drop down list of home page addresses in Internet Options/General I have some unwanted addresses. Some I can delete by highlighting them and then pressing the delete button, others I can?t. How do I get rid of these addresses. They do not clear when I remove cookies or clear temporary internet files. They are of minor inconvenience but I am intrigued as to why some can be removed and others not.

Terrahawk 10:47 29 Oct 03

try tools internet options clear history that will remove every thing from the adress bar

Mad Mick 10:51 29 Oct 03

Terrahawk
I have already tried that without success. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply

VoG II 10:57 29 Oct 03

Try click here

Back up your cookies first if you want to keep them - in IE File/Import and Export.

Jester2K II 11:00 29 Oct 03

If that doesn't work try removing the Index.dat file with Supercleaner click here

Mad Mick 12:14 29 Oct 03

Thanks Vog and Jester2K II tried both programmes but these are tenacious little beggars and wont lie down!

Mad Mick 14:04 29 Oct 03

Now sorted. Clean up did the trick. Thanks both

WaiKent 14:16 29 Oct 03

you could have also went to internet options and delete files and all offline content. this erases everything. i have tried it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…