unwanted toolbar

ediface 17:03 08 Feb 03

Unfortunately my son has downloaded something on my machine which has resulted in an unwanted toolbar and search facility which, try as I may, I cannot get rid of. The toolbat comes courtesy of a company called tjar.com ( I also get a browser at Lop.com) and is loaded via toolbar.html and popupbaropener.html respectively. I have tried resettting IE 6.0 to its default settings to no avail. This is driving me mad as I have to separately close down the search bar when I exit Explorer. Help me please!!!!

leo49 17:12 08 Feb 03

click here

I would get the new Adaware[version 6] and SpybotSD[links on the above site] to rid yourself of these vermin.

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 17:19 08 Feb 03

agree with leo49, it's spyware that directs you a uhm "how can i put this" site if either adware and spybot cannot shift it then you will have to edit the reg and track down every last bit of it, also check your start up and if it's there then uncheck it also try a free programme like reg clean if you are unsure of editing the registry yourself

muppetmark 17:33 08 Feb 03

have a look at the article click here and follow the instructions there

ediface 21:00 08 Feb 03

Many thanks for all those who gave me advice. I've now got rid of the b***** thing!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…