Unwanted things on desktop

Gigs 23:14 14 Jun 05

I recently downloaded a game demo which was successful but at the same time it downloaded another couple of demos which I did not want. I have now finished with the demo and want to delete it together with the unwanted ones.
I went Add/Remove in control panel and deleted from there but the icons are still on the desktop. When I right click on them and try to delete them I get the message 'Cannot delete. It is being used by another person or program' As far as I know it is not being used by anything else. I cannot even move the icons to another folder.
How do I get rid of these annoying things please?

I will be off line until tomorrow but will check back then. Thanks in advance.

Zaphod Beeblebrox 00:05 15 Jun 05

check in program files for folders the games were contained in and delete them manually try deleting icons again some of these things dont uninstall fully

alltime 00:31 15 Jun 05

Gigs try this

click here

Gigs 20:02 16 Jun 05

Zaphod Beeblebrox. Tried the program files but the icons are still ther.

Alltime. Have tried a similar program to that but still the pesky things won't go.

If I go to a restore point to a date before I dowloaded the demo would that work?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:15 16 Jun 05

If I go to a restore point to a date before I dowloaded the demo would that work?

Yes it should.

VoG II 20:18 16 Jun 05

Or Remove on Reboot click here

Gigs 20:38 16 Jun 05

Fruit Bat/\0/Thanks for that

Thank you. Have downloaded that little thing but have a stupid boy question. I unzipped it and have the zip icon on the desktop but not the application itself. Where is it please?

VoG II 20:39 16 Jun 05

Right click an icon or file. Do you get Remove on Next Reboot on the pop-up menu? If so, it is installed.

Gigs 20:52 16 Jun 05

AAARGH They're still there!!

Gigs 21:00 16 Jun 05

Sorry, there's a posting before that last one. Yes, Remove on reboot is there. I have tried it but the icons are still there. Looks like I will have to go for the restore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…