Unwanted Start-up Programs?

spuds 22 May 11
Answered

The computer appears to be getting a little slow on Start-up, and perhaps removing some programs might help. But which ones to remove?.

In the Start-up list, it give the following: Abode ARM - Abode Reader Speed Launcher - BcMfcWind + Control Center 3 (Which are for a Brother printer) - Search Settings (?) - Sun Java Update Sched - ZoneAlarm Client - CTFMON.Exe (?)- MSMSGS (?) - McAfee Security Scan Plus Ink.

Whats would be your advice to the above ?.

rawprawn 22 May 11

You can untick all of them except Zone Alarm

rawprawn 22 May 11

CTFMON

MSMSGS is windows messenger

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22 May 11

Rawprawn is correct the only one in that list you need on start up is ZoneAlarm However you do not appear to have any AV or antimalware running at startup.

spuds 22 May 11
Answer

Thanks guys, very much appreciated.

I have Avast that runs and automatically updates on start-up. MalwareBytes is used as a scan when required.

While I use ZoneAlarm, the 'Client' as got me confused?.

I'll have a search as to 'Client- CTFMON - MSMSGS' and see how they came to be in the Start-up, and add to the knowledge curve!.

Ticked as resolved.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message