//some 3rd party need geo

Unwanted software - can't remove it

Granger 19:08 18 Jun 03

I have a strange bit of software connected with Adobe. I tried uninstalling but it could not do it due to missing files. I cancelled, but now the program doesn't appear in the Add/Remove list. It's not spyware or a virus or anything like that, just a mistake that happened while trying to uninstall something else.

How can I deal with this? There is still a folder in Program Files dealing with it, and reference to it in the Registry. I don't think it will cause any problems leaving it be, the program just can't run. But I would really like to deal with it. Tech Support won't help, period.

Valvegrid 19:12 18 Jun 03

Can you reinstall it completely, then remove it again.

Paul

woody 19:20 18 Jun 03

Have you tried to drag the folder onto the dustbin?

Gaz 25 19:22 18 Jun 03

Try deleting, or taking away the registry values and replacing if there is a problem.

Granger 20:15 18 Jun 03

I can't reinstall, it's very strange. This was downloaded as a program update, but was not uninstalled along with the main program. It's really a stand-alone thing downloaded by something else.

I guess I could just delete the folder, and delete Registry keys. I'm a bit nervous of this sort of fiddling, but I'll have a go.

Thanks for the suggestions.

VoG® 21:21 18 Jun 03

You've probably already done this but perhaps not if you are a trifle "frazzled".

Is there anything in the folders in Program Files called Uninstall.exe or unwise.exe. If so double click it to uninstall.

Otherwise rename the fol;der to something else (to be on the safe side).

Then use Regedit to edit the registry. Before tinkering save a backup (File/Export). Then search for Adobe and delete everything you find. Close Regedit and reboot.

If all is OK you can then delete the folder that you renamed above.

As an afterthought, if you have Windows XP or ME have you tried a System Restore to before this software was downloaded?

jazzypop 22:41 18 Jun 03

Manually uninstall Acrobat 5 - click here and scroll to bottom of page

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…