Unwanted Socket Bother (or USB)

  tenderbranson 20:10 29 Jan 03

Hi all,

My lovely wife just bought me a printer and was expectantly waiting to see it set up. Unfortunately I'm still using a computer from the Crustaceous period and it does not have a USB port but the printer does. Is there any way around having to buy a new computer or printer? Like an adapator?



  VoG™ 20:17 29 Jan 03

You can buy USB cards e.g. click here

I think I'm correct in stating that you need Windows 98 or above to run USB.

  Never again 20:28 29 Jan 03

I bought a really cheap and new pci usb card on ebay for £8 which had 4 usb ports.

They sell the same thing in pc world for about £25.

But as Vog said - you need win 98 to run usb.

good luck !

  tenderbranson 20:35 29 Jan 03

Thanks for the advice. i think that's the best way forward.


  Djohn 20:35 29 Jan 03

Yes VoG™ is correct, and even then it will only run from a PCI card, not direct from the M/Board! It will with XP, again only with the upgrade patch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…