unwanted site

rrussgriffin 00:16 26 Jan 03

Hi hope you can help. When i access the internet i get another site underneath. This can be closed by the X. When you hold the mouse over it the siet is called, click here Internet Explorer..How do i get rid of this. Hope you can help. Cheers..Russ.

VoG™ 00:21 26 Jan 03

Try Spybot click here

rrussgriffin 13:58 26 Jan 03

VoG sorry but i have been on that site and it's a bit to complicated for me. Any other ideas.

VoG™ 14:05 26 Jan 03

It is not difficult, honest!

Download, install and run the program.

A Window will pop-up. In the left hand pane click on Spybot-S&D, then on Search and Destroy.

At the bottom click on Check for problems. It will whir away for a few minutes, then display a list of spyware and other junk on your 'puter.

Click on "Fix selected problems" - I suggest that you do NOT tick any in the list that are not ticked automatically.

-pops- 14:43 26 Jan 03

I used to be scared of Spybot S&D but as VoG™ says, it really is dead easy despite what it looks like - give it a go!!

Brian

spuds 14:45 26 Jan 03

Agree with VOG,but be very careful on your destroy selection, take special note of VOG's last paragraph.

rrussgriffin 16:37 26 Jan 03

Thanks a lot it seems to have worked. I hope one day to be as clever as you. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…