Unwanted "Share" on My Documents

Tripper 12:04 18 Jul 03

Hi peeps,
Hope someone can give me a clue. Just had to do complete fresh install of my system (Win XP Pro) which went OK and everything is up and running. However for the first time I created seperate partitions and used one of them for My Docs. I used the properties tab to redirect it to my F drive. That all seems to work OK but in My Network Places as well as the usual shared docs folder I have My Docs as well. When I try to remove the share from My Docs I get a message saying "this share was created for admin purposes only and will reappear when computer reboots".

Now I do not like the idea of My Docs being available on my network but cannot see a solution other than returning My Docs to it's original location.

There must be something I'm missing here

Tripper

mrdsgs 12:23 18 Jul 03

put something in the admin shared my docs, i think you will find it is not visible if you do the following.

do not try to delete the admin share, just click on "do not share this folder"

Squall 14:00 18 Jul 03

Are created on all partitions to allow the system access to all the drives in the computer. You can not stop them being created.

Your my documents are not open to anybody on the network, just those users that are in the Administrators group.

However if you don't like it, go into security for your my docs folder, prevent inheritance of the security rights and then set them up as you wish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…