Unwanted sex sites

Siani 11:07 27 Apr 05

I know this has come up a couple of times but the archives do not help me. My homepage is set to Wanadoo but everytime I open up internet I get pureseeker.com. Followed by 1on1, Sexpass, registry cleaner, and teensex to name just a few. Then explicit sex pictures pop up on the screen. I click the box that says no or the x and more pictures come up. I'm obviously scared to click yes. My phone keeps trying to dial a premium rate line but luckily when our bill got to £600 BT contacted us and now all calls are blocked. I have searched for these names but nothing comes up in the computer except what I've deleted in the recycle bin. I've got 2 young girls and this is getting distressing. Can anyone help please.

Indigo 1 11:14 27 Apr 05

You need to download som e Anti Malware products,

Which opereating system do you have ?

Siani 11:20 27 Apr 05

Thanks, I'm using Windows XP.

Indigo 1 11:22 27 Apr 05

I assume you have logged off but when you come back you will be able to download these. You will need them all for full protection.

click here

click here

click here

You must download, install AND UPDATE them before you run them and just let them delete all that they find, this will clear your PC of all them nasties.

If you have XP you can also use click here

Good luck

Siani 11:33 27 Apr 05

Thanks, I'm running adware now. So far we're up to 162 critical objects and still searching which can't be good. Can you help a bit more by telling me what I need to do to prevent them coming back.

Indigo 1 11:39 27 Apr 05

SpywareBlaster will stop them getting back in, the third link.

You must remeber to update them before you use them and run them at least once each month.

dazza39 11:52 27 Apr 05

Also a good anti-virus software,the latest Microsoft SP2 has a built in pop-up stopper as well.

Jackcoms 12:01 27 Apr 05

Siani,

It looks as though your home page has been hijacked, so apart from the excellent advice already received, check your home page. I personally have mine set to About:Blank, I can then enter the url/address I want to go to rather than have somebody else dictate my opening content.

To change the home page, start the internet explorer, and from the Menu bar select Tools and then Internet Options. On the General tab you will see the options concerning the Home Page.

If you unplug from the telephone line before doing this then you will be saved the nuisance of further intrusions.

HTH

Siani 12:02 27 Apr 05

Thanks all, if it wasn't for you lot I don't think I could cope with having a computer at all.

Sorry, had not spotted that Wanadoo was already your home page, you could still try about:blank

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…