Unwanted second O.S.

compy 12:31 15 Feb 04

Win XP Pro.
In order to recover from the BLAST virus I reinstalled windows on D: (original on C:).

I am now left with a screen at atart up, offering me two operating systems (both XP), the first is automaticaly chosen by time delay.

1/ How can I get rid of the unwanted O.S. and all the rubish that is probably still lingering with it.

2/ How do I then get rid of the start up selection screen?

Thanks in advance for any help.

joram10176 13:21 15 Feb 04

I don't know about getting rid of OS but i can tell you how to sort out the start up
Right click my computer
Click properties
click advanced tab
Then click the settings button under startup/recovery
there is a drop down box with default op system
select the required op
and click OK
hope this helps

J

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:27 15 Feb 04

Have u actually got to OS installed or u just want to stop it giving u the choice at boot,u need to edit the start recovery file,right click my comp select properties then advanced then startup recovery at bottom click settings then there is a box named edit clcik thsi it give u a file opened in notepad just delete the boot up option you dont need but make sure it the correct 1 or it wont boot at all save and exit restart and the option will be gone.If you have 2 os on diff hd just go to manage drives and format the second hdd.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…