Unwanted screen appearing

PEEBEE04 07:27 02 Jul 04

I use Win XP. This , every time I logon to my PC, after the intial whirrs and pages of figures coming up, a new black screen appears saying
as its title

C:\WINDOWS\System\mcc.exe

and below it
Welcome to Microsoft Telnet Client
Escape character is CTRL +]
Microsoft Telnet
I have to click in the x square to delete it. How can I stop it appearing? Thank you

Terry Brown 16:15 02 Jul 04

I assme you connected to a network. If you do not want to connect to the network,goto RUN, type in MSCONFIG and enter.Select start (Top Right)and deselect the network option

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:20 02 Jul 04

Its a virus/spware prog click here for info

PEEBEE04 19:54 02 Jul 04

hi, no,I am not connected to a network. It seems as though it WAS a bug- I ran Ad-aware which found 14 bugs which I quarantined. Will see whether this cured it - will let you know tomorrow. Thanks a lot

PEEBEE04 09:50 03 Jul 04

Hi Fruitbat,
Booted up my PC this morning and there it was still. Have d/loaded and printed out the website you gave me and , using my Ad-aware udates, have followed the Ad-aware instructons to remove it. Will let u know the result. If it fails to remove the screen will it do any harm leaving it there?

PEEBEE04 09:51 03 Jul 04

Hi Fruitbat,
Booted up my PC this morning and there it was still. Have d/loaded and printed out the website you gave me and , using my Ad-aware udates, have followed the Ad-aware instructons to remove it. Will let u know the result. If it fails to remove the screen will it do any harm leaving it there?

Dorsai 09:58 03 Jul 04

click here and rty this. From our very own PC Advisor homepage latest virus alerts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…