Unwanted screen appearing

PEEBEE04 07:27 02 Jul 04

I use Win XP. This , every time I logon to my PC, after the intial whirrs and pages of figures coming up, a new black screen appears saying
as its title

C:\WINDOWS\System\mcc.exe

and below it
Welcome to Microsoft Telnet Client
Escape character is CTRL +]
Microsoft Telnet
I have to click in the x square to delete it. How can I stop it appearing? Thank you

Terry Brown 16:15 02 Jul 04

I assme you connected to a network. If you do not want to connect to the network,goto RUN, type in MSCONFIG and enter.Select start (Top Right)and deselect the network option

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:20 02 Jul 04

Its a virus/spware prog click here for info

PEEBEE04 19:54 02 Jul 04

hi, no,I am not connected to a network. It seems as though it WAS a bug- I ran Ad-aware which found 14 bugs which I quarantined. Will see whether this cured it - will let you know tomorrow. Thanks a lot

PEEBEE04 09:50 03 Jul 04

Hi Fruitbat,
Booted up my PC this morning and there it was still. Have d/loaded and printed out the website you gave me and , using my Ad-aware udates, have followed the Ad-aware instructons to remove it. Will let u know the result. If it fails to remove the screen will it do any harm leaving it there?

PEEBEE04 09:51 03 Jul 04

Hi Fruitbat,
Booted up my PC this morning and there it was still. Have d/loaded and printed out the website you gave me and , using my Ad-aware udates, have followed the Ad-aware instructons to remove it. Will let u know the result. If it fails to remove the screen will it do any harm leaving it there?

Dorsai 09:58 03 Jul 04

click here and rty this. From our very own PC Advisor homepage latest virus alerts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017