unwanted redirection with Internet explorer 6

Poz 11:20 01 Feb 03

I have a big problem with Ie6, if I type an addresss in with the form
click here
it redirects me to another site,(the same site all the time).
But if I type
click here
it takes me to the site that I want

Any ideas on how to stop it doing this?

Ironman556 11:29 01 Feb 03

I had a thing a while ago which installed pop-ups into IE6 every time I searched using MSN search from IE6. If you're confident using the registry you could probably look to see if there's any entries under the "search" or "address" for IE6 that look like they shouldn't be there or have addresses that are out of place. I fixed my problem eventually by installing the google registry fix to make google my default search from IE.

Poz 12:20 01 Feb 03

I have stopped the redirection but I still have to input http:// before the address, if I put www. it says that it cannot find it invalid path/incorrect address?

Any more help?

jazzypop 12:50 01 Feb 03

It is possible that 'something' has amended your Hosts file, causing a redirect from w w w , hotmail.com.

This amendment could be affecting the rest of your browsing - see click here for more information about the Hosts file.

It is also possible that a firewall or 'security' utility has blocked access.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…