unwanted popups

emanresu 21:13 05 Jan 11

Hi guys
I am desperate for help.I am plagued by popups from "clicksor" this has only just started and i do not know why.Even when i try to access PC advisor through IE i am redirected to alternative sites.I have tried running "spybot, Malwarebytes, Microsoft fix it centre,Advanced system care and have McAfee installed but none can detect it.I am running Windows XP and as you can probably tell not an expert with computers.
Please Help.

johnnyrocker 21:14 05 Jan 11

have you tried system restore?

johnny

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:55 05 Jan 11
  emanresu 19:30 06 Jan 11

Yes I have tried system restore but it is still there.
Fruit bat, i have followed your link but during download a box apears saying "you can not rename combo-fix combo-fix[1].Try renaming using alpha numeric characters" then the if you click OK the box disapears & nothing happens.If you do not click on it the screen just hangs.

GaT7 19:36 06 Jan 11

Try downloading ComboFix from click here, or the 'ForoSpyware.com' link at click here (under 'Using ComboFix'). G

emanresu 20:28 06 Jan 11

I have managed to download and run combofix.Looks like it has rid me of this plague. A big thanks to all you guys for your help & quick replies.Will be marking this thread as resolved. Have a great new year to you all.
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac