unwanted pop up adverts

tam55 17:29 07 Nov 03

i am a novice in computers at the moment and do not know how to stop these adverts popping up at quite regular intervals whether i am browsing the web or working in a word document it is very annoying can anyone help me to minimise this nuisance

Diodorus Siculus 17:33 07 Nov 03

Try getting a popup stopper - click here for the google search toolbar which incorporates a popup stopper.

Or try a new browser - Mozilla is free and has a builtin popup stopper.

Stuartli 17:44 07 Nov 03

There are dozens of threads on this subject in the forum - just key pop up stoppers into the Search engine above.

Smiler 17:50 07 Nov 03

What browser are you using as netscape has a popup stopper included. Go to edit - preferences - privacy & security - popup window - tick the box "block unrequested popup windows. You can also allow certain sites to popup if necessary.

VoG II 17:57 07 Nov 03

If they are Windows Messenger pop-ups click here

rawprawn 18:43 07 Nov 03

Diodorus siculus is right the google toolbar is not only an excellent popup stopper but a great search tool as well, I can highly recomend it.

Proxy Worm 18:55 07 Nov 03

Yeh go for the google toolbar!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…