unwanted picture on the screen

hi guys
just today I was surprised t see a picture of an arm on the screen when I tried to shut down the computer. I restarted and the picture appeared again before the desktop appeared.I dont know where it came from(may be from the net).Any idea how can i get rid of it please. I use windows 98

Pesala 16:33 26 Apr 03

Turn off active desktop. Select a different background image. Turn active desktop back on, select the image you like to use. Then reboot again. If that hasn't got rid of it, then maybe it is not armless.

-pops- 16:41 26 Apr 03

I wonder if this is the same phenomenon that causes the two white stripes on top of the balls in televised snooker?*

Just being uncharacteristically facetious but why an arm? Certain other parts of the anatomy I could understand. What is the arm doing?

*And how do they get the balls to always stop with the white stripe uppermost?

Offline 16:44 26 Apr 03

I think you are all overreacting after all there's no arm in it.

Newuser857 16:58 26 Apr 03

Have you tried Display- Display properties and change your desktop background. Who knows what you might get next!

Pesala 17:16 26 Apr 03

Pops: click here to see how it is done.

-pops- 18:13 26 Apr 03

Someone did email and ask about the white strips last year at the World Championships. They were serious!

Hazel Irvine and can't remember who else actually managed to answer without collapsing in laughter.

-pops- 18:15 26 Apr 03

I am sorry, sam70.

We are taking the Michael when you may have a legitimate problem.

Would you like to explain in a little more detail about what happens?

crx16 18:33 26 Apr 03

start up/shutdown screen is normally a logo.sys file saved in C root.if that helps?

click here like these.you can easily change it.

richierich 23:55 26 Apr 03

is it a secondHAND computer

fly2hi 00:25 27 Apr 03

while on the subject, I have a little graphic that's appeared before the progress bar and it's only visible in this forum. Looks like a miniature enterprise from star trek. how long has it been there?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…