Unwanted Photogallery Installation Program

whirlwind147 18:10 09 Aug 07

Hi there,

About six months ago I had the fatal blue screen error and had to format my hard drive and return everything back to factory settings. This all went smoothly except now that every single time I startup my PC and login (under any user) I get a PhotoGallery Installation Program coming up. I didn't have PhotoGallery on my PC before the blue screen error and I certainly don't want it now.
I can't even shut down the PC with this on the screen so I have to go to Task manager and end it there because every time I click the cancel button it restarts again. I have tried putting in my Windows XP disk to finish the installation, I have even tried looking in the Startup folder to see if there is a program I can get rid of but neither of these options work.
I was hoping that someone might be able to give me some pointers as to how to get rid of this annoying thing. I don't mind deleting stuff from the registry as I know how to do this if this is what it takes but I am stuck at a brick wall.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
whirlwind147

VoG II 18:14 09 Aug 07

See if it shows up in msconfig - see click here

whirlwind147 18:30 09 Aug 07

Thanks for the pointer VoG™. I have looked in the startup list in msconfig and I can't see what this program would be called, most of them just seem to be random letters and numbers. Any thoughts as to which one this might be?
Cheers

postie24 18:53 09 Aug 07

Download winaso reg cleaner
click here
It has a program start up option which describes what the programs are,works the same as msconfig

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017