unwanted music

jonnyg111 12:39 21 Apr 10

Just a quick problem - my (new) computer (windows 7) starts to play unwanted music if it is left for a bit unattended. How do I stop this happening?

Thanks

Jonny

onthelimit 15:23 21 Apr 10

My XP netbook does it as well - very annoying, so hope someone has the answer!

wiz-king 13:32 22 Apr 10

Click on the speaker icon and then the mute box.

Terry Brown 13:38 22 Apr 10

I do not know about windows 7, but I would imagine it has something to do with screensaver mode automaticly cutting in.

Can you 'turn off' or change this mode ?
Terry

jonnyg111 13:43 22 Apr 10

wiz-king - doesn't muting the speakers mean I have to keep unmuting them if I want to play something? Which means I have to remember to mute them again!

Terry - I don't think the music coincides with the screensaver. How would I change this in any case?

Jonny

ame 16:36 22 Apr 10

In Win7 Right click desktop and select personalise. At the bottom is a Sounds icon. Mine is set to Windows Default. Mine doesn't play music.

onthelimit 18:05 22 Apr 10

On XP under Display Prperties, Screensaver, Settings there is a box 'tick to mute sound'. May be something similar on W7?

is it wierd music you've never heard before? well it could be a virus, like those ones in which pop ups come up, they often intrude into your PC along with adverts.

jonnyg111 22:52 22 Apr 10

Thank you to everyone, I think it is fixed. Right click desktop, personalise and then the music came on when I opened screensaver, which was an Acer one. I've changed this now and it's gone quiet, so let's hope that's it...

Jonny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…