unwanted microsoft updates

kenwyn 10:30 06 Jun 06

I signed up for auto updates with microsoft -I am running office 2000. Uncle Bill kindly sent me updates for office XP service pack 3, which prompt me for an installation disc I don't have. I am now prompted at regular intervals to install this when I don't want/need it - how can I clear this once & for all?

brundle 10:35 06 Jun 06

You may be forced to accept it if you don't want to re-install Office. click here
XP AntiSpy may not work with 2000 but can be set to block Office updates. Worth a try. click here

Hertz Van Rentyl 10:43 06 Jun 06

I don't think you can uninstall office updates in Add/Remove programs, I should imagine you will have to uninstall the office 2000 and hope it takes the crud with it, then you can do a clean install of office 2000 after doing a registry scrub. Then avoid this update. Would a system restore sort it assuming you have a checkpoint, updates usually create a checkpoint called "software distribution", if this was available would be the first option to try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…