unwanted microsoft updates

kenwyn 10:30 06 Jun 06

I signed up for auto updates with microsoft -I am running office 2000. Uncle Bill kindly sent me updates for office XP service pack 3, which prompt me for an installation disc I don't have. I am now prompted at regular intervals to install this when I don't want/need it - how can I clear this once & for all?

brundle 10:35 06 Jun 06

You may be forced to accept it if you don't want to re-install Office. click here
XP AntiSpy may not work with 2000 but can be set to block Office updates. Worth a try. click here

Hertz Van Rentyl 10:43 06 Jun 06

I don't think you can uninstall office updates in Add/Remove programs, I should imagine you will have to uninstall the office 2000 and hope it takes the crud with it, then you can do a clean install of office 2000 after doing a registry scrub. Then avoid this update. Would a system restore sort it assuming you have a checkpoint, updates usually create a checkpoint called "software distribution", if this was available would be the first option to try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch