Unwanted message...

dogbreath1 18:25 05 May 05

On booting (XP SP2), I've started getting this box click here on my desktop. On clicking the button it goes...but does anybody know how I can remove it permanently please.

dogbreath1 18:27 05 May 05

I might need to repost the image as it's being reproduced here rather small.

mattyc_92 18:32 05 May 05

Yes, please create the screendump again as it is too small to see.... lol

dogbreath1 18:37 05 May 05

If you try clicking on the image, it will enlarge a little, at least mine will! If you still can't read it please post back and I'll enlarge it further, cheers!

mattyc_92 18:39 05 May 05

I realise that, but it only enlargens it around 1 cm... lol

You have left the white background on the image, so the screendump has been reduced in size

dogbreath1 18:44 05 May 05
  mattyc_92 18:49 05 May 05

OK...

So have you installed/uninstalled anything recently (within around 5 days for agruement's sake)?

dogbreath1 18:58 05 May 05

Yup, have installed newer versions of CWShredder and CCleaner and have uninstalled VNCclick here

mattyc_92 19:01 05 May 05

Well, chances are, this is the problem.... When uninstalling/installing a program, a file has been removed/overwritten....

Do you know what program this message is from?

dogbreath1 19:07 05 May 05

Can't be sure but chances are it was CCleaner.

mattyc_92 19:14 05 May 05

I know that it isn't CCleaner, as the icon ISN'T the icon for CCleaner's Setup or the program itself...

It looks like a "self-extractor" icon (the type that Macromedia use)...

You COULD of deleted a registry key that was required when you used CCleaner (as CCleaner DOES get it wrong sometimes.... lol)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…