Unwanted Link to files in Word

collinsc 15:26 11 Sep 10

Hi
When i open up a particular document i get he following message:
"This document contains links tat may refer to other files. Do you want to update the document with the data fro the linked files?"

The document has links to intranet sites - this may have something to do with it - and has embedded documents, but not a link to a file.

How can i remove this message?

thanks

rawprawn 16:42 11 Sep 10

Have you looked in Properties, and made sure that it that it opens with MS Word in the General Tab

collinsc 17:15 11 Sep 10

Sorry, ive possibly not explained it very well. The document does open in word. But that message appears... and im not entirely sure what it is referring to.

The document has links to intranet sites - this may have something to do with it - and has embedded documents, but not a link to a file.

Just ant to clear the message, not too fussed about what it is referring to.

grey george 17:37 11 Sep 10

The programme probably caches a copy of the internet page so that the whole document can be viewed by a machine with out an internet connection. Some where in the settings you should be able to adjust this, but I don't where offhand. What happens if you right click the links? Do get an options menu?

collinsc 17:42 11 Sep 10

i have just removed the links from the doc and resaved it, still getting the same message, though there could be inks in embedded documents...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…