Unwanted language remnants retained

Brenne 21:01 PM 29 Jun 13
Answered

Using Vista and Word 2000, I have no problem inserting accents into correspondence in French. When unable to do so in an e-mail, I followed instructions to add French as a language, but found the resulting need to master a new arrangement of the keyboard too difficult. I then attempted to delete the French language tool and revert to "English" English alone. I thought I had succeeded, but in several programs (e,g.Excel, Microsoft Money) months are in French (e.g. type "Jun" but get "juin") while pounds and pence are separated by commas: £3.81 becomes £3,81 and trying to enter 3.81 is rejected as an error. I need help to correct this (dare I say my hard drive needs defrogging?)

rdave13 22:01 PM 29 Jun 13
Answer

Google keyboard layout and languages for Vista. You should come up with advice how to change all. Reboot to make sure changes applied.

Brenne 22:49 PM 29 Jun 13

Many thanks rdave13! An obvious thing to try, but alas it never occurred to me. Problem solved: I had successfully changed the language back to English but had not changed the "location" which had remained "France". I didn't even know I had changed location!

rdave13 22:55 PM 29 Jun 13

Glad you're sorted and thanks for the feedback. Another happy customer.. :)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…