Unwanted language remnants retained

Brenne 29 Jun 13
Answered

Using Vista and Word 2000, I have no problem inserting accents into correspondence in French. When unable to do so in an e-mail, I followed instructions to add French as a language, but found the resulting need to master a new arrangement of the keyboard too difficult. I then attempted to delete the French language tool and revert to "English" English alone. I thought I had succeeded, but in several programs (e,g.Excel, Microsoft Money) months are in French (e.g. type "Jun" but get "juin") while pounds and pence are separated by commas: £3.81 becomes £3,81 and trying to enter 3.81 is rejected as an error. I need help to correct this (dare I say my hard drive needs defrogging?)

rdave13 29 Jun 13
Answer

Google keyboard layout and languages for Vista. You should come up with advice how to change all. Reboot to make sure changes applied.

Brenne 29 Jun 13

Many thanks rdave13! An obvious thing to try, but alas it never occurred to me. Problem solved: I had successfully changed the language back to English but had not changed the "location" which had remained "France". I didn't even know I had changed location!

rdave13 29 Jun 13

Glad you're sorted and thanks for the feedback. Another happy customer.. :)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message