Unwanted instant messaging

Siani 00:25 18 Jan 03
  Siani 00:25 18 Jan 03

Hi, can anyone help. I am receiving several times per day, an instant message offering me live sex videos. I can just keep clicking the X but my children of 8 and 11 also use the computer. There is no way for me to unsubscribe, obviously I didn't subscribe in the first place. Is this something to do with MSN. If so how do I disable it. I keep exiting MSN, signing out, closing it but the little person icon just keeps coming back. I am scared to contact the website in case it is something hideous and I get listed as a contact. Surely this is not legal. Thanks.

dimercaprol 01:11 18 Jan 03

Can you open the Windows/MSN messenger window? Then go to Tools - Manage contacts - Delete a contact and see if this person is on the list. If so try deleting it.

wing-zero 01:42 18 Jan 03

hi i do not think it will be in the contacts if it is the same thing i am geting a box appers on the screen with these offers.i was thinking more along the lines of yahoo than msm

but you can you this to get rid of msn
click here

jazzypop 02:19 18 Jan 03

If it is Messenger that is causing the popups, click here

Also, download and run AdAware fom click here , in case another method is being used

crx16 02:47 18 Jan 03

would it help to go into messenger Tools\options\privacy, then set to 'block' 'all others'. you have 2 lists 'allow' and 'block' people that are blocked cant see your online status,and cant send you messages.

watchful 07:29 18 Jan 03

I had this problem last week and solved it by following the advice on this link: click here

Sylvia

hgrock 10:39 18 Jan 03

I wae listening to a song using real player and up poped this small video clip of 2 people having sex, dont know where it came from and it was saved to my HD, very strange , any ideas?

watchful 09:20 22 Jan 03

Did any of the suggestions work?

ikle_pixie 10:29 22 Jan 03

thats exactly what ive been getting...

Siani 10:38 22 Jan 03

Yes, I clicked on the link provided by jazzypop and have disabled messenger. Have had none since. On the morning before I received this advice I actually had 12 of these things on my screen overnight.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…