Unwanted horizontal lines in Word 2000

Duncanf 18:01 20 Sep 03

Please help! While typing verses in Word 2000, unwanted horizontal lines keep appearing below the text. I haven't got Underline on....I've tried to erase them using the rubber in the toolbar...I've tried dragging them off the page with the mouse but they just go higher or lower on the page. Any helpful hints?
Thanks in anticipation!

Djohn 18:10 20 Sep 03

Try tools/options and click on compatibility tab, make sure you don't have the draw lines under spaces box ticked. In fact I don't think you need to have any ticks in the box's, mine don't. j.

keith-236785 18:19 20 Sep 03

MSWord uses lines under the words to represent incorrectly spelt words, red for words which have no alternative spelling and green for when a substitute spelling is available. usually they are squiggly lines.

if you mean a line all the way across the page then that signifies a page break.

look in options for whichever matches the lines.

Pumas 18:39 20 Sep 03

Red is actually a spelling mistake while green is grammar.

VoG II 18:48 20 Sep 03

click here possibly??

Duncanf 18:59 20 Sep 03

Thanks Djohn. Paperman27 and Pumas for your help. The lines were solid black right across the page and not the wiggly spelling/grammar ones.

VoG has fixed the problem with the link he gave in the 'click here possibly' part of his message. It gives the solution in a Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 328168

Thanks to everybody. I'm typing again without lines appearing!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…