unwanted home page

Bellissima 16:25 30 Jul 04

hi any 1 plz help. i had an unwanted search bar and home page....i deleted the search bar successfully and deleted the programme in add remove progs....but i still get an unwanted search page as my home page . ive set home page to blank and tried setting it to a different web address but it keeps coming up on this search page.it is an adult based search page because if i use it to search for sumthing it just comes up with adulte sites,photos etc. ive run spyware and antivirus but cant find out how to get rid.
im using windows xp, and internet explorer ( netscape home page is ok unaffected)
how can i find the programme and delete it
thanks

zootmo 16:42 30 Jul 04

is linking to a page other than the page which you set as your home page, then the chances are that you are a victim of browser hijack. Get a copy of Spybot S&D click here and Ad-aware click here these will ensure that any spyware on your machine is eliminated.

Bellissima 17:07 30 Jul 04

i have run spybot s&d ... and eliminated all known spyware still have the unwanted search page .....say about blank in the search bar but this page is still comes up

VoG II 17:12 30 Jul 04

Make sure Ad-aware is fully updated.

Restart Windows in Safe Mode - keep tapping the F8 key just before the Windows screen loads then select Safe Mode from the menu that should appear. Then run Ad-aware again.

SANTOS7 17:16 30 Jul 04

click here this may help as well.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:20 30 Jul 04

Sounds like you need shredder

CW Shredder click here

Bellissima 17:33 30 Jul 04

thanks guys thanks santos7 cwshredder did the trick!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…