Unwanted ftp server hijacked pc can't remove.

summer1976 00:58 23 Dec 04

Hi

My partner unknowingly run a setup prog which has allowed a ftp server to be installed in my windows/system files. The first I was aware of this was when I was playing a driving game and noticed someone else was trying to control the car. Apparently he ran a BAT file that has set up an ftp server in my systems files.

I checked my firewall and noticed the progs that should not be there so I deleted them from my win/system files. Now when I run any prog I just get a message telling me that path does not exist. I tried to run system restore in normal and safe mode and get the same message. I can't even run msconfig to see what else is running.

Short of reinstalling from my restore cd and losing all my files and progs I don't know what else to do.

I am running windows xp home editon sp1. Would installing sp2 take care of it as I have to do this anyway?

Please help.

Macnova 01:02 23 Dec 04

have a look here . click here

summer1976 01:25 23 Dec 04

Thanks but none of these will work as no progs will run. I have tried to run Hijack This, spybot, Ad-aware AVG and I keep getting the same message "The specified path does not exist"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant