unwanted format changes in Word

Big Boris 16:05 13 Nov 03

I use MS Word 2000, on XP pro.

Since a recent full format and re-install, some of the buttons on Word are hiding when I open the application.
I also use a lot of tables on Word, and transfer information from one table to new ones. When I do this the formatting goes astray, with different Fonts, sizes and colours appearing. Some of the fonts that appear are not ones I use.
This has only recently started and though not a disaster, does take up a lot of time as some cells contain different sized fonts, and these have to be changed individually.

Any help appreciated,
Boris

Big Boris 16:13 13 Nov 03

When I transfer from one doc to the other I 'Cut and paste'.

Is there an option somewhere I have missed?

Boris

Taff36 08:40 14 Nov 03

I know what you mean! I skipped Word 2000 from Word 97 to Word 2002 and in the latter it is very annoying. Does the clipboard icon appear next to the pasted text in 2000? If so there are options from there to adopt the formatting of the original document or the current one.

However, in my experience it is far easier to copy and paste everything and format text last. If you use the same font for the whole document CTRL+A selects "All" the document and you then select the requisite font. Take a look at the format painter icon (It looks like a paintbrush)in the help files. Place your cursor in a piece of text whose formatting you want to copy, click the icon and then drag the cursor over text you want to have the same formatting. In tables you can select whole rows, columns or individual cells. Double click the icon and you can format multiple sections - but don`t forget to turn it off by clicking the con again or pressing ESC key.

Ben Avery 09:24 14 Nov 03

Use the Paste Special function.

Highlight the cells you want to copy and paste, hit "Copy" and then choose PASTE SPECIAL form the EDIT menu.

This will give you the option of pasting with unformatted text (plain text) or formatted text (should keep original formatting - I emphasize the word SHOULD")

:o)

BA

Ben Avery 09:25 14 Nov 03

Which buttons are missing?

Have you tried clicking on the add/remove buttons arrow at the end of each toolbar and seeing if the missing buttons have just been de-selected?

BA

Big Boris 16:09 14 Nov 03

Thanks, Taff and Ben.
Ben - Buttons seem to hide themselves in no particular sequence.
The 'new page' will hide, or the text format (Bold, Italic) buttons will go, even the Font select and size, which I use a lot all have a try at hiding.
more annoying than anything else.

Boris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac