Unwanted folders in Windows Explorer

bkk-bkk 14:17 30 Jan 03

Each time I boot I get a new My Download Files folder in Windows Explorer. When I run graphics programs I get a My Pictures folder. When I run Adobe Distiller I get an Adobe folder. I delete them because I do not use or need them. How can I prevent them reappearing?

My equipment is: Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600, Windows 98 (Second Edition), MS Office 2000, MS Outlook 2002, Internet Explorer 6.0.26

recap 15:34 30 Jan 03

Does this mean that there are numerous duplicate files in Explorer if you do not delete them? or Is there only one each time you open Explorer?

bkk-bkk 00:31 31 Jan 03

There are no duplicate files, this is about folders. They are never duplicates only single folders.

A new My Download Files folder appears in Windows Explorer each time I boot. The My Pictures and Adobe folders appear when I use related programs. The folders are always empty when they appear. When the folders appear I delete them to the Recycle Bin. In the recycle bin there are several deleted My Download Files, My Pictures and Adobe folders where they remain until I clear the Recycle Bin.

VoG™ 00:34 31 Jan 03

These folders are created automatically, as you have discovered. Unless you place files in them they take up zilch space. So what is the problem?

bkk-bkk 07:50 31 Jan 03

It isn't to do with space on the hard drive but more to do with esthetics. I don't like clutter, my physical and PC desktops contain only what I am currently working on. Therefore, anything extraneous is removed. Call it nitpicking but I will continue to remove them manually until I get the answer to my question.

leo49 10:04 31 Jan 03

You can use Tweakui[under the My Computer Tab]to move the location of the My Pictures folder[and several other System Folders].

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…