Unwanted files

Rhuddlan 18:18 15 Feb 04

Looking around the hard disk and found folders that I have never seen before, when I try to delete them a message appears saying that they are being used by another program, but no other programs are being run and when uninstalling Flight Simulator 2002 and FS Traffic 2002, I come across about 10 folders with around 20 files in each one, in the fs 2002 folder, is it safe to manually delete these as I have uninstalled fs 2002. Strange thing is that I have different folders for fs 2002 in both hard disks, I had fs 2002 installed on drive c but there are folders and files within the folders on drive d. I did have it installed on drive d last year, but thought that they had gone, if I manually delete these files will fs 2002 work next time I reinstall it, I am in the process of purchasing a new graphics card and don’t want to play on it again until I have my new card, just giving my hard disks a spring clean, anyone have any suggestions??? Thanks, Rhuddlan.

sattman 19:49 15 Feb 04

Manually deleting files and folders should be done with caution and can leave you with a programme that will not run or worse a problem on your computor that you can not locate the cause of.

If you must remove and your not certain try renaming the file first and leave for few days to ensure all is ok.

Make sure you have a restore facilty.

Rhuddlan 19:31 25 Feb 04

Hi again, just a quick question about Quicktime, I have installed version 6 and have two quicktime folders in program files, quicktime and quicktime 6, is it safe to delete the quicktime folder as this contains files of version 5, which I don't want anymore, Rhuddlan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…